Sunday, November 23, 2008

1 week, 2 days til due date


The nursery is ready, the baby seat is in the car, the bags are packed and my belly is as big as it can possibly get! It is so hard to believe that inside me I'm holding a full-term baby who probably weighs somewhere between 6 1/2 and 8 pounds. I can feel the outline of her little feet as she stretches against the very tight space she's in right now. I've read everything there is to read about pregnancy, labor and delivery and I keep waiting for the clear signs that all these books say will tell me when the time is near. I've had contractions that started and seemed to be progressing, and then stopped to my disappointment. I had no idea how frustrating the last few weeks/days would be for a type A control-freak with a touch of OCD. It's inconceivable that I can't control when and how our baby is going to come into the world! Truly this has been a lessen in deferred gratification, discipline, patience and love. We can't wait to meet, hold and name our baby girl!

No comments: